Payments and Retainer Fee
Billing arrangements for all events must be made in accordance with catering policies. There is a 50% nonrefundable retainer fee on all events, unless the event is within 10 business days or total amount is under $500 in which 100% of the proposal fee is due at time of the contract acceptance. We accept cash, certified check, Chase Quickpay & Paypal (to firstname.lastname@example.org) and credit card. Credit card payments will include a 2% convenience fee that will be added to the balance due. Checks should be made out to Loquacious Culinary Events, Inc. If any payment is declined by your bank there is a $50 fee added to your payment and payment is due via cash within 24 hours to ensure your event,
Loquacious Culinary Events, Inc must be notified of the exact number for which you wish to guarantee services for no later than 5 business days before the event at 4:00 pm. In the event a guarantee service number is not received, the original estimated contracted attendance count will be prepared and charged. In no event shall guarantee count be less than 90% of the originally contracted agreed upon. The charge for each additional person set up at patron's request will be made and patron agrees to pay at Caterer's established rate plus $10.00 per person.
All applicable state and local taxes will be imposed and paid by the client. If the client's organization is tax exempt, the
caterer must receive a certificate reflecting the client's exemption status not later than five working days before the event. If the caterer does not receive this certificate, the client agrees to pay all taxes associated with the event.
There is a nonrefundable 50% retainer/deposit on all catering events. If the client cancels a contracted food and beverage event, the caterer can retain all or a portion of the additional payments after the nonrefundable retainer fee as liquidated damages as stated below:
Within 30 days of guarantee 50% of amount paid
After the guarantee 75% of amount paid
Within 24 hours 100% of amount paid
Any specialty items, foods or rentals that have purchased for your event that have are unable to be returned, their cost will be included into any retained funds.
In the case of a wedding event within 30 days of the event, all deposits and payments are nonrefundable if wedding reception is cancelled at any point.
Multi-day events if cancelled at any point after start of event all deposits and payments are nonrefundable and any remaining balance is due immediately as liquidated damages.
Most of our menu items are sold on a per guest basis, with portion sizes having been determined by our experienced catering chef. If you would like information regarding exact quantities, please do not hesitate to ask the Chef.
1. I, Patron, agree, to pay for all guests attending but not less than for the number of guests guaranteed. Caterer may limit services to the number of guests guaranteed or the number of guests Caterer deems to be the maximum for the facility. Arrangement for additional guests and menu changes must be made at least five (5) days prior to the functions and such final guarantee, whether oral or written, shall be binding on patron as if originally guaranteed. In no event shall guarantee count be less than 80% of the originally contracted agreed upon.
2. The change of each additional person set up at patron's request after the guarantee is given and patron agrees to pay at
Caterer's established rate plus $20.00 per person.
3. In the event patron cancels or otherwise breaches this agreement, Caterer shall retain and/or any reasonable out-of-pocket
expenses incurred by Caterer of deposit for damages. A schedule of cancellation charges follows: Refer to cancellation
4. Any balance due will be paid in cash or credit card within five (5) business days of the start time of function unless
prior written arrangements have been made.
5. Delinquent Accounts - we reserve the right to assess finance charges on any amount unpaid when due at an interest rate of
10% per month or the maximum rate permitted by law.
6. In the event that the caterer must seek legal remedies to complete execution of this contract, the client agrees to pay all
reasonable attorney fees.
7. When patron wants to supply any food to be brought on the premises, patron must secure written approval and
endorsement of Caterer before such food will be allowed on the premises.
8. Caterer reserves the right to substitute items that become unavailable in the open market or that exceeds reasonable market
costs. Caterer will notify patron for approval if time allows.
9. Caterer and/or its agents will be not liable for any damage to property entrusted to its employees, for the loss of any property by theft or otherwise. Patron assumes responsibility for any damages to any property rented to patron that may be caused by patrons, members, guests or invitees. Patron also assumes responsibility for any damages caused by equipment supplied by the Patron.
10. Caterer shall have no responsibility or liability for failure to supply any services when prevented from doings so by
strikes, accidents or any cause beyond Caterer's control, or by orders of any governmental authority, except to return said
retainer fee within sixty (60) days.
11. In the event that food is drop-off and caterer is not on premise to serve and maintain proper temperature controls; Caterer releases any and all illness caused during the event to the host of the event.
12. Staff are scheduled based on the hours arranged on this contract. If the event starts late or is extended; the staff will be billed to the client at the contracted rate plus 50%. This will be billed to the credit card on file for the client event. The client will be informed and given an authorization to sign for the additional hours.
We do not share your information with any third parties or marketing companies. The use of your email and order history is only for our personal marketing use. If you have any questions please contact us directly at